Propane Injection Solutions
For decades, farmers have relied on propane’s combination of cost effectiveness, portability, environmental performance, and high energy content for a wide range of applications almost everywhere across the farm. Today, farms consume about 1.5 billion gallons of propane annually, about 10 percent of total agricultural fuel use. Propane’s unique attributes can help the nation’s farmers address rising pressure to reduce costs, increase productivity, and meet increasingly stringent environmental regulations. As environmental pressures increase, farmers will seek energy sources that can meet their demands without polluting the air, soil, or water. Shifting food preferences, advances in biotechnology, and growing global economic pressures are causing farmers to change their products and production methods. Political decisions regarding energy policy and environmental regulations have the potential to profoundly impact the future of farming.
Testing Center Analysis
• Increased torque and horsepower for operating & Irrigation.
• Simple mechanical design is easy to install and requires no permanent modifications to the Pumps Engine.
• Less soot/smoke due to more complete burn of the diesel fuel
• No mixers, sensors, evaporators, or switches to hassle with or adjust.
• Fuel lock off valve stops the flow of propane unless the Engine ignition is on and the system is armed.
• Reduced operating costs.
• Fuel flexibility: Pumps can operate at 100% diesel at any time.
• Does not require modification of the engine.
• Lower cost.
• Light and compact.
• Compatible with Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) compressed natural gas.
• All high pressure gas components UL listed and/or CSA approved.
• Vapor supplied to engine at controlled atmospheric pressure reducing possibility of over fueling.
• Concentration in engine combustion air is less than 3% by volume.
• Mixture is non-explosive/non-flammable until compressed in the combustion chamber.
• LPG on-board systems have excellent safety history.
• Cost Savings based on cost differential between LPG and diesel. Large cost differentials result in rapid ROI. (return on investment)
• High fuel consumption s applications will result in larger savings.